This 17 meter long ship WhisperPower demonstration Motor Yacht became operational in September 2008 . After a few intense years in the Mediterranean, with a trip through the canals in France and a few winters in the Netherlands it was time for a refit of the yacht including a complete new painting of the hull.
Technically, the ship is also modernized according the current standards. The old electrical installation has been replaced by a complete WhisperPower system consisting of the following components:
- A Genverter 2 -cylinder compact generator connected to a DC Power Cube, with 150 A / 4.3 kW DC power. The engine of the Genverter is set at 2300 rpm "fixed speed " and is inside the ship barely audible. The generator has to run only a few hours per day . The rest of the time the power is supplied by the the batteries and inverter.
- The DC Power Cube is also connected to the shore, with a maximum charging current of 120 A . The input voltage range of the shore is between 90-260 VAC , this means worldwide plugin of the system.
- In addition 2 more DC Power Cubes , both 24 VDC - 150 A , are connected to the WhisperPower W- SQ 25 generator. The batteries can be charged by this generator up to 450 Amps at 24 VDC .
- A 10 kW inverter system ( 3 x WPC 24 / 3500W in master - slave configuration) provides the complete 230 V 50 Hz electrical system aboard including induction cooking plates.
- The 7kW isolation transformer ( 2 x WP GI 3.5), provides the galvanic isolation between the shore and the yacht
- Using the WhisperPower PowerApp the system can be easily monitored with an iPhone or tablet .